If you are on Full GAPS, try these nice Blueberry Muffins
Great for a special breakfast, for afternoon tea, or to bring along
- 5 oz (150 g) hazelnut flour, pre-soaked and dried
- 1/3 cup (25 g) coarse coconut flour
- Grated zest of ½ organic orange
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup (75 g) honey
- 8 tsp ( 40 g) butter, clarified butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla vodka (= 6 split vanilla beans soaked in a bottle of vodka)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites
- 2 2/3 oz (80 g) blueberries, can be frozen
- Grease for 15 medium muffin cups. Butter, clarified butter or coconut oil.
1. Preheat oven to 340 F (170 C).
2. Place 1 muffin cup in the oven in which you melt the grease. When melted, brush the remaining cups with the melted grease.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Blend the wet ingredients and incorporate this mixture with the dry ingredients.
5. Whisk egg whites.very stiff.
6. Gently fold ¼ of the whites into the batter.
7. Repeat and finish with folding in the remaining whites.
8. Spoon batter into the greased muffin cups, so they are filled half way.
9. Place 1 tsp blueberries on top and cover with the rest of the batter. Stir each muffin with a fork, so the blueberries are visible.
10. Bake for about 25 min. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes and transfer muffins to rack to cool completely.
These muffins are nice with homemade sour cream, with a nice cup of tea or even coffee, if you are so fare in your healing process, that you tolerate it.
How to prepare nuts and almonds, please check out Using the GAPS Diet cookbook.